Molecular & Cell Biologist in Neurodegenerative Disease
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Research Associate/Scientist to join a newly formed lab in the neuroscience research unit located in Cambridge, MA. Our group is focused on pioneering cutting-edge techniques that integrate molecular biology, chemical biology, functional genomics, and automated imaging to pursue new therapeutic avenues for neurodegenerative disease. The successful candidate will be able to thrive in a dynamic, team-centric environment where they must continually enhance their skill set while leveraging past experience to overcome challenges facing neuroscience drug discovery. Working effectively with bio-informaticists, chemists, and a variety of in vivo and in vitro-oriented collaborators will also be essential for success. This position is designed for someone seeking to become a technical leader and a critical resource within the research unit. An emphasis will be placed on discovering new biological insight and contributing to research publications
both inside Pfizer and for the external scientific community.
* Perform a wide range of experimentation in the scope of molecular and cell biology using established and novel techniques. Responsible for delivering reproducible and well-controlled datasets according to project timelines.
* Build in vitro models and assays for drug discovery and target validation. The applicant will be required to demonstrate that these assays are robust and appropriate for large-scale screening campaigns.
* Develop deep understanding of neurodegenerative disease biology in the context of ongoing projects in the neuroscience research unit, using appropriate experimental and analytical approaches.
* Assist team members in integrative experiments that measure the response of in vitro and in vivo systems to pharmacological modulation.
B.A./B.S./ M.S. in a biology-related field with 3+ years of demonstrated laboratory research experience in an academic or industrial setting.
* Proficiency in molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, PCR, expression vector design, and gel electrophoresis.
* Past experience with mammalian cell culture and associated techniques.
* Strong proficiency in written and spoken English with the ability to convey ideas and information clearly.
* An attention to detail and the ability to maintain meticulous documentation of experiments and data.
* Ability/willingness to work with in vivo models such as rodent, fly, and zebrafish.
* Familiarity with figure generation and scientific data analysis software (e.g., Graphpad Prism, Image J, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, SigmaPlot, Metamorph, Origin, and R).
* Experience with primary cell culture and iPSc technologies.
* Experience with laboratory automation and/or advanced techniques (e.g., deep-sequencing, mass-spectrometry, HPLC, Flow cytometry, automated fermentation).
* Proficiency of in fluorescence microscopy (sample preparation and imaging).
* Basic understanding of fundamental concepts in computer programming/scripting and experience with languages such as VBA, Java, C++, and Perl.
* Pharmaceutical industry experience is desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE