Associate Research Fellow: Neuronal Circuitry of Body Weight
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
Within Cambridge MA, an exciting new research unit is being established to focus on the Enteroendocrine and Central Regulation of Metabolism. The aim is to recruit dynamic, innovative experts with a common goal of developing drugs against Obesity.
A position is available for a group leader to head the central control of Obesity group within Pfizer. Preclinical and human translational experience including expression, genetics and deep knowledge of the neurocircuitries underlying hypothalamic and reward pathways involved in obesity is essential. Successful candidates will apply their expertise to address questions which will ensure selection of the "next generation" human anti-obesity therapies by driving deep biologic understanding of novel targets for definitive proof of concept studies in humans. This senior position will have management responsibility for a team of experienced biologists. In addition, a successful candidate will be responsible for leading collaborations with obesity leaders. The candidate will be expected to present research findings to the scientific community through consistent publication in peer-reviewed journals and presentation of the results at scientific meetings.
Ph.D with 5 yrs postdoctoral experience to supervise a laboratory working as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on the discovery of novel agents targeting the hypothalamus and reward centers involved in metabolism. Applicants should have ability to lead a laboratory including 2-3 PhDs, contractors in addition to managing a project team. Applicants must contribute scientifically across a portfolio of disease area projects and help set overall scientific direction within the group and the broader biology discipline. Drug discovery is preferred but not essential.
Candidates must utilize disease area/discipline knowledge to contribute to the identification and validation of new therapeutic targets with the goal of achieving proof of concept in humans.
Candidates should possess strong written/verbal communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with scientists working in other disciplines including chemistry, drug metabolism, drug safety and clinical medicine and a demonstrated record of scientific achievement through scientific publications commensurate with position level.
* Apply scientific expertise and drug discovery experience to impact on future new drug candidate productivity.
* Maintain a ‘cutting edge' awareness of technical developments, human genetics, preclinical to clinical translation and apply these where possible to improve performance.
* Design and Conduct studies to increase confidence in human biology for new approaches, and hence support new idea generation and clinical proof of concept studies.
* Provide experimental support from target generation-to-clinical candidate programs
* Support collaborative central biomarkers, translational pharmacology and PK/PD initiatives.
* Actively contribute to the external collaborative science strategy, e.g., identify and build collaborations and liaise with external scientists.
* Support collaborative initiatives as appropriate to secure intellectual property and/or quality publications.
* Performance, manage and scientifically lead a team of diverse in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo biological expertise.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE