October 24, 2013
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
**This position will be located in our Westborough, MA, facility.
- 2 years in a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology GMP environment.
- Experience in a bench or pilot scale trials in TFF and/or DFF and b process development and scale-up a definite asset.
- BS Degree in Life Sciences (biology, microbiology, biochemistry) or Engineering (Chemical or Biotechnology preferred). MS in any of the above with less work experience will be considered.
- Experience with Pharmaceutical manufacturing or process development.
- Experience using filters (DFF or TFF) a must.
Overview of Position:
The Applications Engineer position will focus on technical customer support in the areas of DFF and TFF, including trials, protocol and report writing, site troubleshooting and consultation, which will result in securing new business and ensure the retention of long term business in the Biopharm group.
- Report and protocol writing
- Customer site visits for POR, process troubleshooting
- In house trials to support Marketing and ARD functions
- Travel approximately 60%
- Biweekly reporting of activities to supervisor
- Co-ordinate shipping and receiving of test equipment and samples
- Purchasing of equipment and samples
- Participation in biweekly meetings with SLS Field Support group and Biopharm regional Business Unit
- Excellent written and verbal, communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially Word, Excel, Power Point (knowledge of Lotus Notes an asset)
- Individual must be able to make succinct technical decisions while conducting site trials, as often these will not go as originally planned. The individual will be expected to manage their own time effectively.
- Multi-tasking will be required as there are often multiple projects running in parallel.
- The ability to react to inquiries as well as prioritization of duties, in consult with supervisor, is often required.
- Time management
The above describes the essential content of and requirements for proficient performance in the position and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
M/F/D/V Pall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law