LAB EHS Consultant
Lab EHS Consultant
If you love science but don’t want to be working “at the bench", a great career alternative awaits you at Safety Partners!
While many see Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) as all about regulations and hauling chemical waste, the fact is the work we do provides continuous learning, exposure to multi-media (biosafety, chemical, and radiation safety), the opportunity to interact with visionaries, researchers, and senior management at Massachusetts’ leading life sciences, cleantech, and nanotech firms, and a fast-paced highly varied scope of work.
Specific responsibilities for our Lab EHS Consultants include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting Job Safety Analyses
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for Biosafety, Chemical Safety, Radiation Safety, Emergency Preparedness, and the procurement, use & disposal of hazardous materials
- Permitting and licensing in compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations
- Preparing and delivering training for Biosafety (rDNA, infectious materials, BBP), Chemical Hygiene and Hazard Communication, Radiation Safety, Laser Safety, Light Manufacturing, and more
- Auditing operations to confirm that EHS program components are being observed by Client staff
- Coordinating and facilitating safety committees
And yes, we do still advise our Clients on chemical waste disposal.
To Clients - Safety Partners is the leader in the field for workplace safety, providing custom EHS program development and implementation to over 250 life science and engineering companies in the greater Boston area. We are not a broker or an agency; we deliver high-quality, outsourced services to our Clients.
To Employees - Safety Partners provides an unusually flexible and supportive work environment. We offer both full and part-time positions, and take great pride in working with individuals trying to balance the demands of working and raising a family. (We were recognized by Working Mother magazine as a best place to work!) Our Employees are genuinely nice people who are smart, detail oriented, articulate, and focused. Safety Partners offers a comprehensive benefits package including professional development, company paid short and long term disability, a simple IRA with company match, and a HSA & FSA. Health insurance is also offered to those working at least 28 hours per week.
If you have the following background, a career in safety may be for you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry preferred; other life science degrees taken into consideration
- Experience in lab R&D and/or EHS program implementation and compliance OR 3+ years experience in a laboratory setting (biotechnology, pharmaceutical research, academic science, or medical technology science preferred) OR EHS related work experience
- Knowledge of two or more: OSHA, DEP, EPA, RCRA, DOT, DPH, MWRA, NIH, NFPA, DEA, CDC regulations as they pertain to life science, nanotechnology or engineering companies.
If you love science, learning and being busy and appreciated; please visit our website to learn more and apply! http://www.safetypartnersinc.com/careers
Our growing, spirited Team and Client base would love to work with you!