Associate Scientist – Recombinant Mammalian Cell Culture
As part of a team working to develop recombinant mammalian cell culture processes for the manufacture of recombinant proteins, the candidate will be responsible for evaluating appropriate mammalian cell lines for the production of pre-clinical and clinical products and ensuring scale-up to our cGMP manufacturing plant.
- Screen recombinant mammalian cell lines and clones for protein production.
- Monitor cell growth and recombinant protein production.
- Identify growth media requirements and feed stream strategies for scale-up from process development to pilot scale manufacturing.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and experience writing technical reports.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational and priority management skills
- BS/BA degree in Biology or similar related field.
- 3+ years of prior experience in mammalian cell culture techniques, cloning, and optimizing cell culture conditions and media composition.
- Familiarity with recombinant protein analysis including ELISA, SDS-PAGE, and Protein-A HPLC is a plus
- Experience with the production of monclonal antibodies in a variety of cell line expression systems is a plus.