Senior Principal Scientist - Medicinal Chemistry
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
An experienced, highly productive and innovative research scientist, capable of independently leading projects through world-class medicinal chemistry design.
Understands the discovery project life cycle that enables the individual to effectively manage the medicinal chemistry strategy at the project level to ensure the timely delivery of project milestones in collaboration with partner lines and disciplines.
- Chemistry point-of-contact for projects, leading medicinal chemistry design.
- Strong partnership with computational chemistry colleagues to ensure computational techniques are embedded and deliver greatest impact.
- Build effective partnerships with partner lines (for example, safety, primary pharmacology, drug metabolism) and the research unit biologists.
- Takes leadership in the delivery of best practices and tools that enable projects to reach decision points earlier. - Influences productivity by the development or application of new technologies & ways of working.
- Plays a key role in reducing attrition and aiding delivery of best-in-class molecules.
- Influences external environment through presentations & publications.
- Doctoral level chemistry degree preferred
Training and Experience:
- Recognized medicinal chemistry expert with a minimum of 5 years drug discovery experience
- Strong track record of delivering clinical candidates through chemistry leadership and innovative medicinal chemistry.
- Hit-to-lead and lead optimization expertise.
- Synthetic chemistry experience. Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of synthetic transformations.
- Post doctorate in synthetic chemistry, chemical biology, medicinal chemistry or related sciences.
- Experience of working in the following areas would be desirable: chemical biology, structure-based drug design, fragment-based drug design, and a strong working knowledge of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE