Senior Scientist - Synthetic Chemist
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
We seek a creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated synthetic chemist to join our Pfizer Worldwide Research and Development laboratories in Groton, CT. As part of a medicinal chemistry team, the successful applicant will contribute, through innovative synthetic chemistry, to the development and execution of the synthetic chemistry strategy leading to the discovery and advancement of novel clinical candidates.
- Understand the goal and medicinal chemistry strategy of the project and, as part of a synthesis team, contribute to the development and enablement of the synthesis strategy associated to the project.
- Positively and proactively influence and reduce to practice the strategy of the medicinal chemistry project through the enablement of innovative syntheses.
- Critically design, assess, and successfully execute synthetic routes to facilitate both rapid analog synthesis and scale production of key intermediates and final compounds.
- Liaise with outsourcing point of contact in the team to ensure efficient transfer of the enabled chemistry allowing for rapid analog synthesis externally; when applicable, able to manage a pool of remotely located chemists with analog synthesis.
- Build effective partnerships with other lines, in particular analytical, technology, pharmaceutical sciences and process chemistry groups for efficient delivery of project objectives.
- Publish and present research internally and externally to Pfizer.
- Doctoral level degree or equivalent.
- Postdoctoral experience strongly recommended.
- Previous experience in mentoring and development of junior scientists or students is a plus.
- Highly skilled synthetic chemist in the area of methodology development and multistep synthesis.
- Strong knowledge of techniques related to purification and characterization of organic compounds.
- Expertise in either total synthesis, reaction methodology, organometallic chemistry, catalysis, peptide chemistry or chemical biology is recommended.
- Proven track record of creative thinking and consistent delivery as demonstrated by publication/presentation records.
- An astute reader of chemical literature.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE