Sr. Coordinator, Global Medical Affairs (GMA)
The Sr. Coordinator, Global Medical Affairs position reports to the Sr. Manager, Programs & Operations, and provides broad administrative and overall support to the Global Medical Affairs function. The position requires extensive coordination and interaction within the department, across Cubist and with outside third parties, normally working with information that is of a critical or confidential nature and the impact of disclosure/error could be severe. Overall, a high degree of initiative is required in order to be successful. The individual will be involved in special projects where both administrative and operational knowledge is required along with a high degree of tact and discretion.
Key attributes for the successful candidate include a strong professional and corporate presence, self-confidence, flexibility, strong communication skills, and diplomacy. Strength in fostering teamwork and chemistry within the department and across the company is a must.
- Spends significant time coordinating and managing the calendars, meetings and schedules of department personnel, and working to ensure they are prepared and on-time for meetings.
- Coordinates/prepares travel arrangements, expense reports, approval and payment of invoices; prepares requisite materials.
- Helps organize and participates in regular department meetings. Expected to help prepare for many of these meetings and coordinates/distribute/track follow-up items from meetings.
- Plans and executes department business meetings (both on and offsite). Coordinates with internal staff and all required vendors for successful meetings.
- Exercises creativity, initiative and an understanding of department personnel objectives to provide critical support.
- Maintains both electronic and hard copy files for department.
- Manage activities (internal and external) supporting department's external consultants including development and completion of confidentiality and consulting agreements
- Performs special projects that require a combined knowledge of administrative and operational needs, including employee communications and corporate projects.
- Responds to a wide variety of requests for information and requests of department personnel. Analyzes needs and problems, and determines approach and priority in conjunction with supervisor. Exercises tact, discretion and an understanding of technical and organization materials, issues and impact. Evaluates and refers matters for appropriate handling and coordinates, compiles and documents relevant data and background information to support executive decision making or problem resolution.
- Maintains regular and effective communication with supervisor and other members of the Global Medical Affairs team.
- Works with time sensitive and confidential information. Exercises tact, diplomacy and discretion in written and verbal communications.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- HS plus at least 7 years related experience, or AS Degree plus at least 5 years related experience
- Prior administrative assistant experience supporting multiple individuals working in a busy, high-growth, fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong organizational and communications skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent activities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively to express information in both written and oral context with internal customers, attendees, team members, and vendors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; highly polished, mature, and articulate.
- Administrative excellence (typing, scheduling, e-mailing, coordinating calendars, copying)
- Customer-service orientation
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience with database software or web development tools
- Focus on delivering results while striving to continually improving performance
- Possess the integrity and confidence to express oneself to peers and superiors
- Active listening skills with the ability to understand others perspectives, needs, or expectations
- Ability to adapt communication style depending on audience and influence, when necessary
- Proven organization skills and ability to anticipate needs
- Dedicated work ethic
- Proactive in ensuring timely follow through to customer inquiries or business needs, while at the same time adding value
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities while remaining calm
Some Travel Required
Lexington based office position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily within the context of the representative work environment and physical demands described above. Likewise, qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the position's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cubist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V