Capital Project Manager
Primary Duties Principal function is to plan and manage the efforts of interdepartmental teams in the accomplishment of projects supporting manufacturing and facility operations. The successful candidate identifies project risks and develops mitigation strategies to protect against loss and business interruption.
The Capital Project Manager is accountable for:
* Managing multiple equipment and facility improvement projects simultaneously
* Planning and delivering the project scope by managing a team of internal and external resources
* Project performance against established targets (cost and schedule)
* Monitoring, controlling and reporting on project status including risks and issues
* Ensuring the successful return of the facility, equipment and/or system(s) to routine operations The successful candidate leverages his/her experience planning and executing complex projects in operating facilities to ensure that project objectives are achieved without compromising compliance, safety or performance. Responsibilities 25% General Requirements * Develop robust problem statements and business justifications
* Develop and manage project schedule and budget
* Provide monthly status updates for active projects
* Develop and present project plans to sponsor and governance bodies for authorization 25% Conceptual development, basic design, and planning
* Works with project sponsors and solution providers to identify business drivers, project objectives and project requirements
* Oversees conceptual and basic design efforts
* Develops cost and manpower estimates and implementation timelines
* Evaluates project risks and develops creative strategies to mitigate or eliminate major risks
* Develops detailed project plans and presents to sponsors and governing bodies for approval 40% Project Implementation
* Ensures project coordination, schedule adherence and tracks earned value
* Oversees all design, procurement, fabrication, installation / construction and testing of equipment and systems
* Responsible for ensuring successful hand-over of new or modified systems to end-users
* Conducts project close-out activities 10% Standards, templates, and procedures
* Develop project procedures, guidelines, and tools to help achieve consistency Education and Experience Requirements
* Minimum 5 years project management or project engineering experience in a technical / regulated environment.
* Pharmaceutical equipment design / fabrication, control system implementation, or facility construction and cGMP experience is desired
* Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies and life cycle including ISPE good practice is required.
* A BS degree in engineering or related discipline is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered. Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
* Must be able to in dependently plan, coordinate, and oversee multiple projects simultaneously
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Effective presentation skills
* Strong negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to manage 3rd party vendors and service providers.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Products including. MS Project; ability to learn additional software applications as the need arises Other Job Requirements
* Must be able to climb a ladder, reach, bend, and lift loads up to 50 lbs.
* Driver's license is required for travel between sites and to local vendor / consultant offices
* Ability to work at all Shire MA locations.
* Incumbent will be required to carry a blackberry / iphone device and to be on call to support project implementation.
* Travel to accommodate vendor visits or other Shire owned facilities, domestic and international maybe required. Shire's Brave culture offers em
ployees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Shire is committed to a diverse workforce. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE