Associate Director, Facilities
* Responsible for the effective uninterrupted support of manufacturing activities for the designated Shire manufacturing site
* Represents Facilities and Engineering Organization at the Site Leadership Team (SLT)
* Responsible for efficient and productive operations of the Facilities group assigned to the Plant
* Facilitates execution and ensures effectiveness of the Preventive and Corrective Maintenance Program
* Responsible for the Plant facilities budget
* Represents all F&E organization functional groups at the SLT.
* Ensures effective communication between SLT and represented functional groups
* Responsible for optimizing resource allocation and prioritization of maintenance activities
* Ensures equipment availability is adequate to meet manufacturing requirements.
* Provides overall directions and sets priorities for the site improvement projects and activities
Plans and coordinates major maintenance activities including scheduled Plant shutdowns
Conducts scheduled performance reviews and assessments for direct reports
Represents site Facility Operations organization at all internal and external audits.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* BS degree in mechanical, chemical engineering or related discipline is preferred.
* 10+ years facilities experience in a technical / regulated environment.
* Extensive, progressive experience in Bio-pharmaceutical and/or related regulated industries in management/leadership role.
* Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and process systems employed in the manufacturing process. Good working knowledge of applicable regulations and codes.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
* Ability to communicate effectively across organizational levels.
* Good communication skills and ability to provide guidance and supervision to group of supervisors and professio
nal level employees.
* Good knowledge of Plant utilities and process equipment and systems.
* Competency in regulatory and cGMP requirements.
Other Job Responsibilities:
Should be able to climb a ladder, reach, bend, and lift loads up to 50 lbs. Valid MA Driver's license. Travel between all Shire Massachusetts sites is required. Incumbent will be required to carry a cellular phone / Blackberry device and to be on call to support Manufacturing operations. Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Shire is committed to a diverse workforce.
US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE