Senior Maintenance Mechanic
* Responsible for efficient and reliable operations of the process and utility systems and equipment within his/her area of responsibility.
* Performs scheduled and corrective maintenance of complex equipment and systems. Provides shift coverage.
* Participates in design reviews, commissioning and validation activities.
* Evaluates equipment performance and recommends improvements to maintenance program and system design.
* Develops and maintains spare parts inventory.
* Ensures quality of work, provides in-house expertise.
* Performs troubleshooting of the most complicated equipment and systems.
* Coordinates release and acceptance of Plant equipment and systems according to current maintenance procedures and practices.
* Provides input in scheduled performance reviews and assessments for the maintenance mechanics.
Performs scheduled and corrective maintenance of utility systems and process equipment
Evaluates equipment performance and recommends improvements to Maintenance program and system design
Coordinates maintenance activities with Manufacturing supervisors.
Ensures quality or work, provides in-house expertise
Assist in training and development of others Education and Experience Requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Demonstrated abilities and/or evidence of training in repair, operation, and troubleshooting of electromechanical process equipment and utility systems
* Experience with control systems, PLC's, SCADA, and BMS systems preferred but not required
Extensive relevant experience in Bio-pharmaceitucal, petrochemical, packaging, and power generation industries Key Skills, Abilities, and Compentencies:
* Good communication skills and ability to provide training and supervision to contractors.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Good knowledge of the Pl ant facility and process equipment and system.
Competency in maintaining and reviewing facility related cGMP documentation. Other Job Requirements:
* Should be able to climb a ladder, reach, bend, and lift loads up to 50 lbs.
* Valid Driver's license
* Travel between all Shire Rare Disease sites is required.
* Incumbent will be required to carry a cellular phone / Blackberry device and to be on call to support Manufacturing operations. Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Shire is committed to a diverse workforce. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE