Director, Program Management
The Director, Program Management will report to the VP of Global Strategy & Program Managment and will be responsible supporting the efforts in facilitating the transition of new compounds from discovery research to preclinical and clinical development. This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Develops and leads cross functional project teams through the creation and execution of high quality Integrated Development Plans
- Applies project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects. Performs administrative tasks including creation and maintenance of project plan documents, meeting scheduling and facilitation, including agenda creation and tracking and communicating key decisions/action items.
- Actively communicates and manages relationships with functional area and cross-functional team members to promote understanding ownership and support of the project and facilitate key interdependencies, and keeps all stakeholders informed and up to date on project details. .
- Represents, as internal champion, the teams and programs at senior management meetings; participates in or leads the project reviews
- Responsible for project performance, risk management, administration, financial management and issue resolution for the project teams.
- This position will interface cross-functionally and globally on early development initiatives with groups including drug discovery and research, toxicology, pharmacology, clinical pharmacology and bioanalytical, pre-clinical operations/early development, regulatory, and CMC.
- The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Expert understanding of preclinical and nonclinical development and regulatory requirements for IND filing.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including expert competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Proven ability to develop and manage to complex project plans, timelines, budgets, and critical path is required.
- Must have demonstrated successful ability in building and driving cross-functional working teams for successful preclinical, IND and early clinical activities, negotiating, and gaining consensus in a matrixed and global organization.
- Possess excellent prioritization, resource planning, and communication skills, as well as the ability to share complex information with a diverse audience at all levels across the organization.
- Experience in orphan drug development is desired.
- Travel anticipated at 10-20%.
- Advanced relevant to biological sciences and 8-10 years’ experience in drug discovery and development within biotech/ pharmaceutical industry are preferred.
- PMP certification is a plus