Senior Scientist, Targeting Chemistry
BIND Therapeutics is a clinical-stage nanomedicine platform company developing Accurins™, our novel targeted therapeutics. We are leveraging our medicinal nanoengineering platform to develop a pipeline of Accurins, initially in oncology, as well as Accurins in collaboration with biopharmaceutical companies. Our lead drug candidate, BIND-014, is currently in Phase 2 clinical trials for non-small cell lung cancer and metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer. Additionally, we have collaborations with Amgen, Inc., Pfizer Inc., and AstraZeneca AB to develop Accurins based on molecularly targeted APIs from their product pipelines. We are looking for highly motivated people who thrive on being challenged and working in a highly collaborative environment to join the team and play a key role in conducting rigorous, cutting-edge science.
BIND Therapeutics is seeking an innovative, experienced and highly motivated Senior Scientist to play a key role in our Targeting Chemistry group. The successful candidate will bring their experience in the design, synthesis and conjugation of small molecules and peptides to help lead BIND in the development of highly novel targeted nanotherapeutics. They will be action-oriented and will possess excellent collaboration and communications skills, and will thrive in an interactive, dynamic team-oriented culture.
- Provide strong technical and strategic input to our scientific development.
- Synthesize, purify and characterize novel small molecules and peptides.
- Design and synthesize analogs and optimize binding affinities for newly discovered ligands and conjugate them to nanoparticles.
- Collaborate with polymer chemists to determine scalable synthetic routes for polymer-ligand conjugates.
- Interface with biology/assay group to establish and execute binding assays for new ligands.
- Effectively work in a cross-functional environment with Analytical Development, Pharmaceutical Science, Biology and Process Development groups.
- Organize, evaluate, and present data in an effective and scientific manner.
- Ph.D. In organic or bio-organic chemistry or closely related field or equivalent experience and 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Hands on experience in the design and synthesis of small molecules and/or peptides using state of the art methods and instrumentation.
- Experience with HPLC, LC/MS and NMR and other common analytical techniques is required.
- Experience in bio-conjugation and relevant biochemical methods is a plus (biotinylation, fluorescence, SEC, FPLC, SDS-PAGE).
- Experience in protein binding methods is desirable (SPR-Biacore, calorimetry, ELISA, FACS).
- Experience in polymer chemistry is valued but not necessary.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, with a history of collaborative cross-functional interaction.
BIND has a vibrant and engaging culture of innovation and team work and we are continuing to build a top-tier team of scientists and engineers to rapidly advance our R&D programs in a fast-paced, exciting and fun work environment. We offer a robust benefits package including premium health/dental plans, 401(k) retirement plan, incentive stock options, 3 weeks vacation, professional development, offices and laboratories outfitted with the latest equipment, an often-used ping pong table, and frequent social opportunities.
Please forward your CV/resume to:
BIND Therapeutics, Inc.
325 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
BIND will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.