Manager, Financial Reporting
BIND Therapeutics is a clinical-stage nanomedicine platform company developing Accurins™, our novel targeted therapeutics. We are leveraging our medicinal nanoengineering platform to develop a pipeline of Accurins, initially in oncology, as well as Accurins in collaboration with biopharmaceutical companies. Our lead drug candidate, BIND-014, is currently in Phase 2 clinical trials for non-small cell lung cancer and metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer. Additionally, we have collaborations with Amgen, Inc., Pfizer Inc., and AstraZeneca AB to develop Accurins based on molecularly targeted APIs from their product pipelines. We are looking for highly motivated people who thrive on being challenged and working in a highly collaborative environment to join the team and play a key role in conducting rigorous, cutting-edge science.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Manager of Financial Reporting will be responsible for the preparation of all SEC filings, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks and coordination with legal counsel with respect to proxy information and other filings. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise and management of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Oversee the preparation, compilation, and filing of SEC documents, assuring compliance with all financial disclosure and XBRL requirements and accuracy through quality control procedures.
- Ensure effective and timely communication on reporting and disclosure developments, staying current on FASB and/or SEC reporting and disclosure requirements .
- Coordinate efforts for responses to SEC comment letters, as needed.
- Accurately prepare financial components of quarterly earnings releases, earnings scripts, quarterly investor and non-GAAP reconciliation slide decks, and other supporting documentation for external financial communications.
- Oversee accounting and recording of diluted EPS and share-based payments, including review of related valuation assumptions; oversee budgeting/forecasting of share-based payment expense. Oversee and review accounting assessment of proposed equity changes or modifications.
- Manage complex accounting transactions related to reporting/disclosure or stock-based compensation matters by evaluating alternatives, exercising judgment and documenting proper accounting treatment, conclusions and disclosure requirements, as applicable.
- Lead the SOX 404 compliance coordination for Finance through all phases of planning, documentation, testing and remediation in conjunction with the company's internal audit function and external auditors. Act as an internal advisor regarding SOX compliance.
- Lead communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
- Manage the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax filings.
- BS/BA degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required with experience with a Big 4 accounting firm
- 8+ years of experience in a financial reporting capacity at a public company
- Prior experience in biotechnology industry preferred
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- The ability to clearly and concisely document technical accounting and reporting matters
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Independently motivated, with superior attention to detail and strong problem solving abilities and organizational skills
BIND has a vibrant and engaging culture of innovation and team work and we are continuing to build a top-tier team of scientists and engineers to rapidly advance our R&D programs in a fast-paced, exciting and fun work environment. We offer a robust benefits package including premium health/dental plans, 401(k) retirement plan, incentive stock options, 3 weeks vacation, professional development, offices and laboratories outfitted with the latest equipment, an often-used ping pong table, and frequent social opportunities. Please forward your CV/resume to:
BIND Therapeutics, Inc.
325 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
BIND will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.