Technical Specialist, DNCD
The Technical Specialist, DNCD will be responsible for providing application programming and support for various Discovery applications. The individual will be part of the IT Discovery support team and:
- Based on specifications, develop reports and applications, configurations and integrations utilizing standard and vendor-specific tools
- Verify the technical specifications of solutions against the functional and design specifications
- Work with infrastructure team and BA's to ensure the solution is resourced properly
- Work with vendors to get the needed support for technical and customer needs
- Assist with database design and data transformations
- Document, investigate, resolve and track issues reported during runtime of supported technologies
- Determine corrective and preventative actions required to minimize future issues
- Work with customers to understand their challenges with IT provided systems
- Write and execute test scripts and test cases as needed
- Assist with user training
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in technical field such as Life Sciences, Computer Science or Engineering,
- 0-2 years of relevant experience, such as discovery lab, application support. Client interfacing experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Foundational IT infrastructure and architecture knowledge
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in Discovery (including Medicinal and Analytical Chemistry as well as Biology) in the Life Science industry including application programming.
- Experience with Research applications
- Demonstrated aptitude for Programming and Database design
- Experience with LIMS, compound registration systems and Electronic Laboratory Notebooks
- Experience developing and supporting application systems in the Life Science industry
- Experience with SQL language
- Experience with Dotmatics Browser
- Experience writing technical documents of any sort, policies/procedures and also continuous improvement?
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills and expand IT knowledge
- The ability to exercise independent judgment with respect to matters of significance on behalf of management regarding their support activities, resolutions and client interaction
- Lexington office
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily within the context of the representative work environment and physical demands described above. Likewise, qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the position's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cubist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V