Neuroscience Research Unit Business Manager
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
* You will be responsible for providing business and project management support to the Leadership Team. This will include;
* Manager of a team of Administrative Assistants and Clinical Research Assistants.
* Project management and support for leadership team initiatives, workforce planning and
talent development metrics, enabling the COO to deploy the budget effectively to deliver
RU objectives, ensure facilities and logistical support to the RU enabling scientists to
focus on science and ensure RU complies with all EH&S regulations and corporate
* Provides business continuity planning for the RU.
* Reports to the COO
* Liaises with heads of each line within the RU* Point of contact for liaising with Finance, EH&S, HR, Global Operations and
* Partners closely with assistant to CSO, NSRU COO and head of lab operations
* Provide general business support to the COO, RU-head and leadership team members by acting as a coordinator for leadership team activities and meetings.
* An experienced manager of people will have up to 5 direct-reports composed of administrative staff and CRA's and potentially additional contingent workers.
* Responsible for the performance, deployment, workloads and career development of direct reports.
* Implements and coordinates in partnership with HR, processes to ensure timely and
equitable management of performance, workforce planning, talent management and
development through training, and promotions by the RU.
* Manages initiatives for the RU to enable an environment in the laboratories and offices
conducive to a vibrant and committed community of scientists and leaders. (Examples
include socials, conference networking reception, coffee chats, etc.)
* Manages logistics for RU postdoctoral program, including recruiting, advertising and
organizing the semi-annual postdoc candidate symposium.
* Manages all content and the structure of the internal SharePoint RU site.
* Coordinates and tracks all RU publications and applications for external awards and
works with RU LT to set targets and strategies for external and internal recognition of RU science.
* Optimizes effective expense and capital expenditure by partnering with Finance,
Procurement, RU leadership and scientists to understand patterns of expenditure in
relation to activity/function, and recommend changes in sourcing (including internal vs. external), work practices etc.
* Partners with Finance to manage the process for decentralizing the budgets and provides
accurate and timely reporting to line leads and lab heads.
* Manages alliance and contribution budget for the RU, including creating purchase orders, processing invoices and tracking commitments.
* Ensures up-to-date coordination and tracking of headcount across the RU for both
permanent and temporary employees.
* Ensures all colleagues work safely, and securely, by partnering with Global Operations
and line managers on matters related to safety and the work environment (e.g. space
planning, facilities and maintenance support).
* Ensures business continuity for the RU by partnering with Global Operations & HR, and acting as Business Continuity Coordinator.
* Serves as a resource to all colleagues within the RU. Welcomes new hires to the department;
* provides them with necessary information to orient them with the department and the site as they join the group.
Training & Education Preferred:
* Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a BS/MS; MBA an advantage..
* Strong experience or a qualification in project management is preferred.
* A scientific/healthcare background would be advantageous.
Prior Experience Preferred:
* Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills at a global, cross-line level.
* Contemporary understanding of the drug discovery environment and scientific disciplines and how they fit into NSRU strategy.
* Acomplished manager of others with over 3 years experience managing direct reports.
* Significant experience within the pharmaceutical research and development industry.
* Strategic planning and business analysis skills.
* Hands on experience of project management (use of planning tools, financial planning
* Demonstrated ability within a leadership role.
* Demonstrated success supporting large and complex projects.
* Successful experience leading and developing an effective team working with resources not under direct control.
* Exposure to and understanding of commercial considerations in relation to drug development.
* Demonstrated ability to transform collections of ideas into finished products and to manage a wide variety of activities while accounting for changing priorities.
Technical Skill Requirements:
* Strong computer and mathematical skills.
* Advanced Business Objects, planning tools and Excel skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE