This position requires the ability to efficiently analyze large volumes of scientific information and convey key points in a clear, concise fashion. Working closely with the Head of Intellectual Property, this key role will help review the patent landscape to examine and summarize prior art and patent claims in the field of gene editing. In this role, you will search patent databases and primary scientific literature, and analyze relevant references with respect to patentability and freedom-to operate.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Must be able to research, read and synthesize scientific literature in the field of gene editing
- The ideal candidate will have direct research experience in the field of gene editing using ZFNs, TALENs or CRISPR/Cas technologies and will be current on advances in this fieldDocument preparation, reading and review
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to deliver results with minimal supervision
- General knowledge of patent law and USPTO procedures a plus
- Experience as a patent agent a decided plus
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume to Careers@Editasmed.com with the job title in the subject line of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.