Senior/Principal Scientist, Translational Cancer Biology
Merrimack Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company discovering, developing and preparing to commercialize innovative medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of serious diseases, with an initial focus on cancer. Merrimack applies Network Biology, its proprietary systems biology-based approach to biomedical research, throughout the research and development process. Merrimack currently has six targeted therapeutic oncology candidates in clinical development.
We are looking for a candidate who thrives in an interdisciplinary environment and who is not afraid of challenges. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, high-energy, self-motivated, open to change and brings an innovative mindset and strong expertise in cancer biology. The ideal candidate will join a research team currently advancing MM-131, a novel oncology therapeutic, through pre-clinical development.
This scientist will be able to have immediate impact through generating critical in vitro proof-of-concept data to guide the clinical strategy of MM-131. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying, designing, and executing high impact experiments that incorporate a thorough knowledge of MM-131 mechanism of action and the relevant clinical and competitive landscape
- Passionately representing MM-131 inside and outside Merrimack through compelling oral and written communication
- Effectively integrating with an interdisciplinary team that merges computational modeling, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, and diagnostic development
- This position requires a Ph.D. in a biological discipline with at least five years post-graduate experience.
- Demonstrated translational research experience for cancer therapeutics is required, and experience in an industry setting is strongly preferred. A superior candidate will be able to show how his/her research impacted the initiation or execution of an oncology clinical trial.
- Extensive knowledge of tumor biology, cancer signal transduction pathways, and experimental models and approaches to studying cancer biology
- Extensive experience with protein quantification methods (e.g. ELISA, Luminex, Western blot) and molecular biology techniques (e.g. generating stable cell lines, cloning, RT-PCR) are required
- Demonstrated experience in animal models of cancer is a plus
- We value strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work flexibly and collaboratively within a fast-moving team
If you are interested in a great opportunity with a fantastic company, please click the link to apply: