Research Associate, Targeting Chemistry
BIND Therapeutics is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Associate Scientist to play an important role in our Targeting Chemistry group. The successful candidate will bring their experience in the design, synthesis and conjugation of small molecules and peptides for the development of highly novel targeted nanotherapeutics. They will be action-oriented and will possess excellent collaboration and communications skills, and will thrive in an interactive, dynamic team-oriented culture.
- Synthesize, purify and characterize novel small molecules and peptides.
- Together with the team chemists, design and synthesize analogs and optimize binding affinities for newly discovered ligands and conjugate them to nanoparticles.
- Operate and maintain the peptide synthesizer and other lab instrumentation.
- Interface with biology/assay group to establish and execute binding assays for new ligands.
- Effectively work in a cross-functional environment with Analytical Development, Pharmaceutical Science, Biology and Process Development groups.
- Organize, evaluate, and present data in an effective and scientific manner.
- B.S. or M.S. In organic or bio-organic chemistry or closely related field or equivalent experience and 2-5 years of industry experience.
- Hands on experience in the design and synthesis of small molecules and/or peptides using state of the art methods and instrumentation.
- Experience with HPLC, LC/MS and NMR and other common analytical techniques is required.
- Experience in bio-conjugation and relevant biochemical methods is a plus (biotinylation, fluorescence, SEC, FPLC, SDS-PAGE).
- Experience in protein binding methods is desirable (SPR-Biacore, calorimetry, ELISA, FACS).
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, with a history of collaborative cross-functional interaction.