Manager, Medical Information (396-419)
ARIAD is a Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotechnology company focused on cancer. We are a cohesive team of talented people from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision: We seek to transform the lives of patients with breakthrough cancer medicines. This is our purpose. This is our passion. This is our promise.
This individual will be a member of the Medical Communications team, within Medical Affairs, responsible for managing the function of Medical Information at ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. S/he will oversee the outsourced Medical Information Call Center and develop and maintain materials for use by the Call Center. Specific responsibilities will be determined by the level of experience of the successful candidate.
- Manage the outsourced Medical Information Call Centers in the US and EU
- Work collaboratively to develop and maintain standard responses for ARIAD products for use in the US and EU
- Develop responses in anticipation of trends in medicine as they relate to ARIAD products
- Manage the review, approval, sign-off, dissemination, and appropriate use of medical information materials (letters, slides, and booth materials) in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements for Scientific and Medical Communications, including but not limited to FDA regulations, Pharma codes, internal SOPs, and company policies
- Serve as a role model for compliant behavior that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of the ARIAD organization.
- Respond to inquiries escalated by the Medical Information Call Centers
- Critically evaluate the published medical and scientific literature related to ARIAD products and competitive products
- Establish processes to ensure that Medical Information practices comply with regulations at regional and country levels
- Assist with the preparation of content for Medical Communications projects including, but not limited to, field resource tools and training materials, as required
- Work with Drug Safety and Quality Assurance to ensure the Call Centers appropriately recognize, triage, report, and reconcile Adverse Events and Product Complaints
- Manage Medical Affairs presence at major meetings, as required
- Advanced degree (PharmD or PhD) in a scientific discipline or equivalent
- Medical Information and oncology experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry strongly preferred
- Experience with Global Medical Information preferred
- Initiative and ability to manage multiple assignments and maintain a high level of productivity with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Strong commitment to business ethics
- Understanding of, and experience with, regulatory framework applicable to interactions with HCPs, payers, advocacy and other business partners
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Click here to apply:
ARIAD is an equal opportunity employer. The Company's policy is to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. All employment decisions will be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.