Scientist, Biomolecular Screening
FORMA Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Ph.D. scientist to lead a team of assay designers in the design of assays for High Throughput Screening (HTS) and the execution of screens. It is essential that the leader in this position is experienced in multiple aspects of HTS, from compound handling, though assay design, screening and data analysis. This position will report to the Senior Director of HTS and will be a key role in helping FORMA Therapeutics to deliver innovative new candidate molecules.
Ability to play leadership role in Biomolecular Screening group, with operational oversight of assay design, high-throughput screening (HTS), and hit-to-lead program support.
- Drive collaboration with cross-functional teams in Medicinal & Platform Chemistry, as well as Biology departments.
- Ensure the timely execution of both HTS campaigns and IC50 determinations and delivery of data to program teams
- Responsibility for setting and maintaining the highest scientific standards, developing skill-based competence, providing flexible project support as well as coaching and mentoring team members to maximize their potential
- Lead a team of several direct reports; expected to lead by example, making personal contributions to the experimental work of the team.
- Drive the implementation and achievement of stretched objectives, individual development plans and calibrated performance evaluations.
- Ensure that the team objectives are aligned to the corporate objectives.
- Deliver on enabling a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring and maintaining a stable and productive environment through Quality Control, preventative maintenance and standard operating procedures.
- Act as key technical member for the design, project management, maintenance and implementation of both existing and new automation platforms.
- Extensive understanding of High Throughput Screening and associated assay technologies for lead-finding and follow-up activities.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical process control methods and software packages.
- Keen organizational skills applied to defining and optimizing workflows for maximum efficiency
- Advanced degree or equivalent in biology, engineering, chemistry or related discipline
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing others
- Strong ability to evaluate process efficiencies and to lead effective change
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work efficiently and productively in a rapidly-growing fast-paced company
- Proficiency in written and persuasive oral presentations
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate conflicting points of view
FORMA Therapeutics' scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology and other genetically driven therapeutic areas. The Company's drug discovery engine drives screening and structure-based approaches across broad families of targets involved in tumor metabolism, epigenetics, protein homeostasis and protein-protein interactions. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and corporate partners, FORMA combines deep biological insight and chemistry expertise to rapidly create high quality, innovative drug candidates.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. www.formatherapeutics.com
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job code JE14-01.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.