Financial Reporting Manager
This manager level position will be accountable for the production of periodic SEC and internal financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the SEC reporting process, including 10-K’s, 10-Q’s, 8-K’s and all relevant reporting including footnote disclosures, MD&A and Press Release related to financial position
- Draft accounting memos documenting the Company’s position on accounting issues using research tools and technical accounting guidance.
- Prepare monthly internal financial reporting package
- Manage the SOX compliance program, including internal controls testing, process and controls implementation, and external audit process management
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Five plus years of public accounting experience and additional progressive experience in a small to medium sized public company.
- Biotech/pharmaceutical company experience is a must.
- Knowledge/experience with FASB ASC topic 718 required.
- Experience managing a small staff in a fast paced hands on environment – can do attitude
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
- Financial and process accounting systems implementation/knowledge for a development stage entity moving towards a commercial biotech