Process Improvement Program Manager
The Jackson Laboratory Mouse Repository is seeking a PhD or MS level expert in mouse genetics with hands-on vivarium experience to lead new program initiatives, with a strong emphasis training programs and improvement of existing business processes. The Process Improvement Program Manager will work in a leadership role with area managers to identify key areas of interest; develop and implement process improvement programs utilizing proven quality management practices; and develop and deliver training materials and metrics. A significant requirement of the position is assessing, synthesizing and delivering training materials to Repository and KOMP employees. The ideal candidate will be extremely knowledgeable in genetics and working with complex genetically-engineered strains, and will have excellent presentation and communication skills.
The incumbent will work closely with Repository Business Area Managers, Colony Managers, Room Supervisors, KOMP personnel, Quality Assurance Managers, Customer Service and Support, as well as Managers of other JAX Operations to drive process improvements in the interest of creating an efficient program with long-term business sustainability and growth. The incumbent will be responsible for measureable deliverables in the form of improved business performance, reduced deviations, increased efficiency per FTE in a given work area, reduced costs, and improved customer experience.
Central job functions include:
- Process Improvement Program development and direct management
- Colony Management systems and training metrics
- Operations-based Quality Assurance
- Interdepartmental cross-function improvements
- General understanding of the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, good manufacturing practices and other applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to examine and re-engineer operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures as required ensuring quality service delivery.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and facilitation skills and be confident approaching and communicating with personnel at all levels of The Jackson Laboratory.
- Must work well independently with little direction or supervision. Must be a self-starter, action-oriented and results-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (genetics, reproductive biology, molecular biology, biotechnology, engineering) and >2 yrs relevant experience, or BS in a relevant field with 8-10 years of experience.
- An MBA with >3yrs relevant process experience is preferred.
- Must have at least 4 - 5 years successful operational management or process improvement experience and at least 3 – 4 years experience in developing, implementing and managing quality control systems.
- Hands-on experience in animal husbandry and solid knowledge of vivarium operations and demonstrated success in project management and leadership are required.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume as one document to www.jax.org/careers requisition 4155.