Reagent Lab Manager
January 31, 2014
Reagent Lab Manager
Eastern Massachusetts / Northeast Connecticut
Web Industries, a 100% employee owned company, is seeking an experienced Reagent Lab Manager capable of recruiting, building and leading a team of scientists and technicians in the launch of new programs while supporting existing production in Web’s IVD market segment.
Primary responsibilities for this newly created position will include:
- Process design for new programs
- Supporting feasibility and development through scale-up to commercial production
- Manufacturing reagent batches for commercial production
- Trouble-shooting of reagent and LFT/IVD manufacturing processes
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with an outstanding ability to design and conduct robust and efficient experiments to solve difficult technical problems. The successful candidate’s credentials should reflect good leadership, organization, supervisory and project management skills along with the following key qualifications:
- The ability to work independently and oversee the work of research and lab assistants.
- The competence to work accurately, efficiently and swiftly in a small, fast-paced lab.
- A strong desire to bring products to market.
- Experience with lateral flow assays.
- A B.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, bioengineering or related field and a minimum of five years related work experience. (a graduate degree preferred)
- Laboratory skills, such as protein purification, antibody conjugation, solution preparation, ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) experience, assay development skills.
- Immunochromatographic (lateral flow) assay development experience
- Knowledge of QSR's and ISO 9001/13485 and experimental design and interpretation
We offer a competitive salary plus performance bonus along with an excellent benefits package that includes a company- funded long term incentive plan and a comprehensive medical insurance plan with low employee premiums, deductibles and out of pocket costs. Qualified candidates should submit their credentials in confidence to email@example.com for fax 260-435-4364. All responses will be acknowledged. An equal opportunity employer