Senior Manager, Purchasing/Procurement
This role will report directly to the Director of Finance. The role is responsible for working closely with the leadership team in managing and optimizing cost related to Aegerion’s direct and indirect purchasing. The Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing will ensure that all purchases have been made consistent with Aegerion’s procurement policy and as the company accelerates its growth, that purchases are negotiated competitively to ensure the lowest cost without sacrificing quality. In most functional areas where goods, services and/or contract services are being negotiated the Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing will assist the Function Head in the negotiation and procurement of competitive bidding and selection. This position will also be responsible for managing and cultivating vendor relationships and updating procurement and purchasing policies and procedures as needed. This position will work very closely with the Legal department as contract negotiations are finalized.
- Working closely with each Functional Head, lead, oversee and coordinate the negotiation strategies / efforts and processes on purchase agreements and vendor selection that results in quality, delivery and cost containment aligned to Aegerion strategies.
- Manage and support corporate oversight for procurement and purchases across the entity and expense categories while driving purchasing synergies where appropriate.
- Drive standardization of processes and procedures, transaction methods with suppliers, supplier selection process and ongoing supplier management, data collection, usage metrics and internal communication strategies.
- Working closely with each Functional Head, assist in managing and continuing to enhance current relationships with suppliers.
- Manage all record keeping and coordination including but not limited to processing, review and approval of Purchase requisitions and Work orders, entry into SAP, and working closely with Legal, Finance and Function Heads for approvals.
- Oversee spending for Corporate Travel
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements, ethical standards and business controls – including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, Risk Management Practices, etc.
- Ensure that the methodology, processes and relationships built to enhance our procurement capability, cost containment and quality and delivery of purchasing continues to nurture a highly collaborative and respectful Aegerion culture.
- Responsible to update Aegerion’s procurement policy ensuring our practices are in alignment and the policy is reflective and facilitates the needs of the business.
- Ensure all purchasing is conducted in accordance with Aegerion’s delegated authority policy and within budget parameters.
- Maintain system to track against budget and potential cost savings.
- Special projects as required.
- 5-7 years of relevant Strategic Sourcing/ Purchasing experience
- A minimum of 2+ years Commercial Life Science/Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or a related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices and proven negotiation skills
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork capabilities and the ability to work well across the organization.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; explains and supports reasoning for decisions; includes others as appropriate in decision-making process.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
- Experience working in an ERP environment required.
- Technically adept at MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources in care of firstname.lastname@example.org