Production Associate, mRNA Synthesis (2nd Shift)
The production group is looking for a candidate with basic knowledge and experience with molecular biology techniques and adherence to safety and processes.
- Effectively work with Production Team to optimize, clarify and document procedures for effectiveness, control, traceability, clarity and efficiency while considering impact to cost, quality and quantity.
- Perform production of modified mRNA for in vitro and in vivo experiments, at both small and large scale, using molecular biology techniques, basic and complex scientific equipment and analytical tools.
- Follow and establish protocols, improvements to such, allowing for clear and accurate documentation of data, results, and any deviations.
- Work in a team environment, in a safe and controlled manner, actively participating in frequent production update meetings and staff meetings.
- Manage material inventory for self and team from basic laboratory needs as well as direct production materials.
- BS degree in scientific discipline.
- Molecular biology laboratory experience, including but not limited to: nucleic acid purification, PCR, gel electrophoresis, column purification, basic laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Knowledge of GLPs and 5S principles.
- 1-3 years professional/industrial experience in a life sciences or custom gene synthesis company preferred.
- Experience with controlled business system (inventory control, document management reagent/drug production processes).
- Effective communication (written and oral).
- Operates independently.
- Teamwork / collaboration (ability to work as part of a cross functional team, comfortable with presenting and speaking in a variety of setting and with coworkers at a variety of levels).
- Results orientation (outcome-oriented).
- Detail orientation.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics:
Moderna Therapeutics is pioneering messenger RNA therapeutics™, an entirely new in vivo drug modality that produces human proteins or antibodies inside patient cells, which are in turn active intracellularly or secreted. This breakthrough platform addresses currently undruggable targets and offers a superior alternative to existing drug modalities for a wide range of disease conditions. Moderna has developed a broad intellectual property estate including 200 patent applications with 10,000 claims ranging from novel nucleotide chemistries to specific drug compositions. The company plans to develop and commercialize its innovative mRNA drugs—initially for rare diseases and oncology—while partnering drug candidates in other therapeutic areas in order to rapidly deliver this innovation to patients.
Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Moderna is privately held and was founded in 2010 by Flagship VentureLabs in association with leading scientists from Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Moderna recently signed a collaboration agreement with Astra Zeneca that provided a $240MM upfront payment (plus milestone payments).
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Visit http://modernatx.com/revolution to apply.