Production Team Lead, mRNA Synthesis (2nd Shift)
As Production Team Lead, you will be expected to mentor a team/staff on processes and protocols, as well as on scientific knowledge of products and material, while ensuring safety of the people, products, equipment and facilities. The Production Lead will need to make fact-based decisions at a moment’s notice to keep production moving. The Lead will work with other teams/departments and communicate with customers when necessary.
Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Mentor and verify work of staff members including recommendations, reviews and hiring aspects of team members.
- Work intimately with Process Development Team to optimize, clarify and document purification procedures for effectiveness, control, traceability, clarity and efficiency while considering impact to cost, quality and quantity.
- Assist in the development and implementation of QA systems and controlled procedures while owning those pertaining to production processes.
- Perform production of modified mRNA for in vitro and in vivo experiments, at both small and large scale, using molecular biology techniques to prepare, produce, purify and test DNA and mRNA.
- Follow and establish protocols, improvements to such, allowing for clear and accurate documentation of data, results, and any deviations.
- Work in a team environment, in a safe and controlled manner, actively participating in frequent production update meetings and staff meetings.
- BS in biology, biochemistry or molecular biology.
- Molecular biology experience, including but not limited to nucleic acid purification, PCR, gel electrophoresis, filtrations, column purification, basic laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Extensive experience with a variety of molecular biology techniques and equipment (such as plasmid linearization, PCR, PCR gradient, Gel and Capillary Electrophoresis bioanalysis of DNA/RNA to check purity, filtration, clean-up and purification systems).
- MS in biology, biochemistry or molecular biology.
- More than three years experience mentoring, leading or supervising staff.
- Five year professional/industrial GMP experience in a biotech, diagnostic, therapeutic or pharma company preferred.
- Process/assay development experience will be useful for data interpretation, presentation and proposing/implementing controlled improvements.
- Aligning performance for success.
- Building a successful team.
- Decision making.
- Delegating responsibility.
- Developing others.
- Facilitating change.
- Planning and organizing.
- Safety awareness.
- Technical / professional knowledge.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics:
Moderna Therapeutics is pioneering messenger RNA therapeutics™, an entirely new in vivo drug modality that produces human proteins or antibodies inside patient cells, which are in turn active intracellularly or secreted. This breakthrough platform addresses currently undruggable targets and offers a superior alternative to existing drug modalities for a wide range of disease conditions. Moderna has developed a broad intellectual property estate including 200 patent applications with 10,000 claims ranging from novel nucleotide chemistries to specific drug compositions. The company plans to develop and commercialize its innovative mRNA drugs—initially for rare diseases and oncology—while partnering drug candidates in other therapeutic areas in order to rapidly deliver this innovation to patients.
Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Moderna is privately held and was founded in 2010 by Flagship VentureLabs in association with leading scientists from Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Moderna recently signed a collaboration agreement with AstraZeneca that provided a $240MM upfront payment (plus milestone payments).
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Visit http://modernatx.com/revolution to apply.