Clinical Database Programmer
February 10, 2014
Aptiv Solutions: Where Innovation Matters
Discover Aptiv Solutions. We’re an international company that is changing the way that biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics companies develop their products. Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Join the team that is pioneering industry-wide adoption of adaptive clinical trials, driving efficiency in drug and device trials, and developing new software and technology to improve product development decision-making. Aptiv Solutions understands the impact of regulatory change and we don’t believe in standing still. Share your knowledge and grow your expertise in every facet of drug and device development. As the market leader in innovative thinking, we offer a diverse portfolio of career opportunities in the areas of Data Management as a Clinical Database Programmer.
The Clinical Database Programmer creates and maintains database infrastructure for the collection of clinical data according to company and / or client Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Key responsibilities include:
- Gather end-user requirements, present concepts and solutions to clients (internal and external)
- Design, implementation and validation of databases, data validation checks, data listings / reports and data import / export procedures
- Develop study databases and data entry screens
- Program and test data validation checks
- Develop programs for data import, export, and conversion
- Participate in internal and client meetings
- Propose technical solutions to business challenges
You will be expected to work autonomously in a variety of situations. We are looking for that exceptional person who brings a positive attitude, a professional demeanor and a can-do attitude no matter the task.
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with SQL, Oracle
- Experience with Java programming
- Experience with some commercial or bespoke EDC solution
- 2 plus years of database development and set-up experience supporting clinical trials
- BS or higher or equivalent in experience and training
- Experience with compliance around strict SOPs
If you have effective problem solving skills and excellent client interactions, please apply detailing your availability and salary expectations.