Research Scientist – RNA Biology
RaNA Therapeutics is an energetic, rapidly growing biotechnology company in Cambridge, MA founded by leading scientists from industry, Massachusetts GeneralHospital and HarvardMedicalSchool. RaNA’s mission is to discover and develop drugs to improve health for patients by modulating disease-associated transcriptional, post-transcriptional and translation mechanisms, thereby restoring normal expression of targeted proteins.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, creative and talented Research Scientist to join our RNA Biology group. Reporting to the group leader, this position will be responsible for exploring post-transcriptional and translational mechanisms to regulate protein expression and function, and undertaking mechanism of action studies to support corporate goals.
- PhD in biological sciences or related field with a solid understanding and demonstrated achievements in RNA biology, post-transcriptional mechanisms and translation
- Strong experience with biochemistry and molecular biology techniques, next generation sequencing techniques, high-throughput and traditional RNA-RNA and RNA-protein interaction mapping techniques, RNA-ribosome interactions (e.g. ribosome profiling, etc.), RNA structure determination and modulation.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical assays, instruments and protocols.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, the ability to generate high quality data under tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and work independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team in a matrix environment with 20 scientists
- Bioinformatics and/or in-depth mass spectrometry experience are strong pluses
- Industry experience is desired
RaNA Therapeutics is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work for RaNA in the U.S. RaNA offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits including health/dental insurance, retirement plan, and more.