Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Research
Alnylam is a midsized and rapidly growing biotechnology company in Cambridge, MA focused on the discovery and development of RNAi therapeutics. The Research department at Alnylam is seeking a creative, talented Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Research to join our interdisciplinary team to help further our RNAi platform technology and to help advance novel RNAi therapeutic programs from discovery to the clinic. The successful candidate will have a strong experimental background in biochemical, biophysical, and molecular biology techniques and bring a rigorous, analytical approach to problem solving.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo gene silencing studies to characterize novel siRNA modification chemistries and novel siRNA delivery approaches.
- Develop and conduct binding studies to characterize interaction of novel siRNA targeting ligands with cellular receptors.
- Design and execute in vivo studies to explore targets and develop lead molecules for RNAi therapeutic programs.
- Develop and conduct assays (such as qPCR, ELISA, HPLC) for quantitative analysis of biomarkers.
- Prepare clearly articulated experimental reports and data presentations.
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular/cellular biology, or related fields. Additional post-doctoral or industrial work experience is preferred.
- Experience in cell culture, RT-PCR analysis (Taqman), ELISA, HPLC, FPLC, and biochemical/immunological assay is required.
- Prior oligonucleotide experience and in vivo rodent handling and experimentation experience is strongly preferred.
- The candidate must be flexible to be able to apply his/her knowledge to new areas of study, thrive in a team environment, and possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
Demonstrate clear alignment with Alnylam Core Values including, Commitment to People, Innovation and Discovery, Sense of Urgency, Open Culture and Passion for Excellence.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.