Sr. Scientist: Molecular Biology
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
We are seeking an experienced research scientist to join the Engineered Immune Protein group in our antibody-based therapeutic discovery efforts. The successful candidate will be responsible for the screening, characterization and optimization of therapeutic antibodies from hybridoma and phage display sources in sophisticated binding and internalization flow cytometry based assays, high throughput cell based functional assays including signalling augmentation and cell kill and studies of antibody trafficking and sub-cellular colocalization in cells using direct immunofluorescence confocal mirscosopy. It is expected that the candidate can potentially serve as co-leader on one or more therapeutic programs and/or technology development efforts. The candidate should exhibit excellent collaborative skills for working on cross-functional multi-disciplinary teams.
The candidate will be responsible for:
(1) developing, optimizing and executing high throughout cell based assays (functional, phenotypic, reporter etc.) based on relevant target biology, for screening antibody panels.
(2) using a deep knowledge and experience of flow cytometry to conduct binding, competition, internalization and functional assays using flow cytometry platforms
(3) analyzing and quantifying antibody internalization and trafficking within relevant cell lines and colocalization with sub-cellular compartments using confocal microscopy
(4) conducting antibody cloning and engineering to convert between antibody formats, humanize, enhance affinity and modulate other biophysical properties of hit and lead antibodies.
(5) Documenting experimental data, presenting hypotheses, experimental data, conclusions and interpretations at departmental and cross-functional team meetings.
(6) Contributing to patent application examples, writing scientific publications and presenting at conferences.
(7) Acting as a departmental representative, team lead and point of accountability on one or more project teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master/Ph.D. in Cell Biology/Immunology or a related discipline with 5+ years of research experience in academia and/or Biotech/Pharmaceutical environment, a record of significant achievements in research, scientific creativity, excellent communication and leadership skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary, team-oriented environment.
* Hands-on work experience in the following therapeutic areas: oncology, immunology, inflammatory or autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular and rare diseases.
* Demonstrated experience in the design & testing of therapeutics from discovery to lead-optimization
* Technical expertise in establishment and validation of cell surface receptor binding assays, internalization, intracellular trafficking, cell cycle and apoptosis analyses by FACS, ELISA, confocal microscopy
* Extremely strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and ability to achieve high quality results
Excellent communication and organizational skills. Self-motivated and adept at regularly delivering towards deadlines. Strong skills in troubleshooting. Strong skills in the use of computational tools for molecular biology, automation control, LIMS, and database management
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to conduct multi-color/multi-parameter high throughput flow cytometry experiments using directly labeled antibodies and/or secondary conjugated flurophores and competency in analysis of data using FlowJo software.
* Ability to design, develop and optimize cell based functional assays ,based on target biology, for antibody or antibody drug conjugate screening (e.g. signalling inhibition/activation, proliferation, cytotoxicity) and analysis with software such as GraphPad Prism. Ability to apply robust statistical analyses to data.
* Ability to use direct immunofluorescent imaging using confocal microscopy ; quantitation of colocalization between multiple fluorophores (multi-color acquisition) and acquisition of Z stacks. Experience with Volocity software for analyzing confocal imaging data and colocalization data .
* Technical proficiency in molecular biology
* Experienced in mammalian cell culture and transfection.
* Extensive experience in writing of technical reports for patent applications, IND reports and scientific publications.
* Experience with antibody engineering including humanization, affinity maturation and biophysical property optimization.
* Familiarity with protein structure analysis software such as MOE
* Live cell imaging using confocal miscroscopy
* Experience with Octet and/or BIAcore biosensors
* Flow cytometry based cell sorting
* Protein purification and biochemical characterisation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs
Please apply at: