Senior Manufacturing Training Designer
Shire Pharmaceuticals is seeking a full-time temporary Senior Manufacturing Training Designer to support ongoing regulatory remediation efforts. The Sr. Training Designer is responsible for developing training materials for use in On the Job (OJT) delivery for manufacturing personnel. The individual will partner with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from cross-functional teams to develop structured and realistic training materials to qualify operators. Training materials will be developed in accordance with current GMP Standards and Shire procedures within specified timelines and meet appropriate standards.
This position is will report directly to the Manager Training and Compliance. The incumbent can expect to contribute 32- 40 hours per week for the duration of 2014, pending review of project needs at that point.
- Initiate, write/revise and implement OJT Competency Based training materials.
- Review current SOP’s, observe laboratory operations and interview SME’s to develop training guides (PQA/ PQC).
- Organize information gathered from all sources to develop measurable items to be communicated within training environment.
- Provide tangible, executable training ideas and supporting materials.
- Partner with appropriate teams and department supervisors to coordinate roll out as applicable.
- Provide progress/status updates to core Training Work Stream Team.
- Perform peer reviews as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience working in a GMP role in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- 2+ years of experience in training design and/or development
- Experience with developing OJT materials and performance checklists
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience in Manufacturing and Quality positions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate high-level of professional and business judgment when communicating with cross-functional teams and others at all levels of the organization
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to function independently and have a high level of initiative
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter directly to Dori Parmelee, HR Manager (email@example.com). *Recruitment agency candidates are not accepted for this position. Please do not contact.