Senior Director, Global Training and Sales Force Effectiveness
Job Title: Senior Director, Global Training and Sales Force Effectiveness
Date Available: Immediately
Location: Lexington, MA
- Lead and manage the establishment, execution, and on-going development of a world class Global Training and Sales Force Effectiveness function with clearly defined objectives, strategies, tactics, and action plans.
- Establish and continuously improve, in partnership with colleagues in sales, marketing, medical affairs, and clinical the syllabus, content, and teaching faculty for delivery of world-class global training programs that encompass field force education and training in:
- Customer targeting
- Customer relationship management (CRM tool)
- Selling skills aligned with marketing’s strategic brand plans
- Lead and manage the delivery and execution of the training programs.
- Establish performance metrics to ensure effective pull through of the strategic brand plans and support sales leadership as required in monitoring them.
- Develop and continuously improve, in partnership with colleagues in human resources, medical affairs, and regional and country level commercial leadership, on-boarding processes and programs that will motivate new sales people and shorten the time to get them to full productivity.
- Provide strategic direction and tactical support to regional and country level commercial teams in refining and executing global training strategies, tactics, and programs to meet the cultural and language needs of local environments.
- As a key member of cross-functional teams support achievement of the following three key imperatives and measures of performance:
- Establish key opinion leader (KOL) networks
- Identify patients and assist in bringing them on to therapy
- Gain market access and reimbursement
- Maintain a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of advances in education and training technology and methodologies that could be relevant to Synageva and recommend appropriate mid-course corrections to strategies and tactics if necessary.
- Lead by example to ensure effective and cooperative cross-functional teamwork with colleagues in marketing, sales, medical affairs, pricing and reimbursement, clinical operations, human resources, finance, etc. at the global, regional and country levels.
- Demonstrate and instill a burning sense of urgency, humility, and passion to find and treat patients.
- Establish and achieve realistically aggressive financial budgets and goals.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements and with Synageva’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is essential. A graduate degree is advantageous but not essential.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in global sales of which a minimum of five years has been in leading a global sales force training function.
- Relevant experience in preparing, developing, and executing global sales force.