Berg is a Boston based company that employs a novel approach to systems biology and utilizes systems engineering and bioinformatics modules to cross-validate biological output. The Berg Interrogative BiologyTM Drug Discovery Platform allows for rapid and precise identification of therapeutic and biomarker candidates for drug discovery and development. The company uses network biology templates to mine disease pathophysiology
• The Research Informatics team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual for a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary team.
• The candidate will be instrumental in the analysis and interpretation of high-throughput molecular data.
• The ideal candidate should have solid Data Sciences background and be strongly goal oriented with a focus on real world impact
• The candidate should also be a quick learner, extremely flexible and able to adapt to needs of internal collaborators in a dynamic environment.
• Development and execution of data analysis protocols to support company's discovery pipeline
• Internalize and enhance publicly available tools for rapid interpretation and testing in-silico biological hypotheses
• Statistical and bioinformatics analyses of high-throughput molecular data
• Presentation of scientific results internally and externally
• Preparation and submission of scientific manuscripts for review and publication
• PhD in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Sciences or related field, or a MS with experience. Proficiency in R or Matlab. Experience in Bioconductor is preferred.
• Proven experience in applying Data Science methodologies to process and transform data from multiple sources in actionable results.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with superior and proven track record of technical and organizational skills.
• Must be able to work in team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record keeping
Send resume to email@example.com