Market Research & Analytics
Merrimack Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company discovering, developing and preparing to commercialize innovative medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of serious diseases, with an initial focus on cancer. Merrimack currently has six targeted therapeutic oncology candidates in clinical development.
Merrimack Healthcare Solutions (MHS) is the commercial arm of Merrimack Pharmaceuticals. The name of the division reflects our vision to engage with stakeholders in innovative and authentic ways to strengthen their understanding of Merrimack’s science and to demonstrate the clinical and economic value of integrated medicines to society.
We are seeking an individual to be responsible for successfully managing key aspects of market research and analytics in preparation for the launch of Merrimack’s first oncology product. The individual in this position will regularly interact with MHS leaders to ensure that decisions throughout MHS are supported by appropriate research and analytics. S/he will report to the Market Research & Analytics Lead, a member of the MHS leadership team.
- Conduct market research to build a deep understanding of oncology markets using appropriate research tools (e.g., secondary research, qualitative interviews, quantitative surveys, etc.)
- Synthesize market insights, provide analytic support, and develop actionable recommendations in a cross functional environment including the needs of brand, field and market access teams.
- Integrate internal (e.g., company/product's strength, weaknesses, etc.) and external (e.g., competitor monitoring and assessment, customer needs, changes in market / industry conditions, etc.) perspectives to inform launch plans and support definition of key product attributes
- Develop and maintain databases and analytic tools, such as dashboards, to assess key performance indicators
- Maintain and manage product forecast.
- Provide strategic input into the growth of the market research and analytics function in support of first launch and pipeline products
- Disseminate market research best practices to the organization (e.g., regional market researchers)
- Contribute to advancing the tools, processes and methodologies used by the market analytics group
- Master’s degree
- 5+ years market research experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, particularly in oncology
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative market research methodologies, tools, and data sources
- Experience in managing product forecast
- Familiarity with market research analyses, including conjoint and segmentation analyses, perceptual mapping, competitive landscape assessment techniques, marketing strategy and tactics testing, market uptake and acceptance testing, customer needs assessment, and strategic planning
- Ability to understand complex disease states and markets and generate insights to form actionable recommendations and solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time while effectively demonstrating the ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a team-based environment
- Enquiring mind and genuine interest in the bioscience industry
- Sound decision making and problem solving ability
- Pre-launch and launch experience
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Experience in managing vendor relationships
- Domestic travel required; possible international travel
- Strong commitment to business ethics
- Passion for fighting cancer
If you are interested in a great opportunity with a fantastic company, please click the link to apply: