Merrimack Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company discovering, developing and preparing to commercialize innovative medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of serious diseases, with an initial focus on cancer. Merrimack currently has six targeted therapeutic oncology candidates in clinical development.
We are seeking a talented attorney to join Merrimack’s legal department to draft and negotiate a broad range of contracts. The ideal candidate would have prior experience in technology transactions and licensing. This position will report to Merrimack’s General Counsel.
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of contracts related to all aspects of the organization, including license agreements, collaboration agreements, clinical trial agreements, sponsored research agreements, material transfer agreements, supply agreements, master services agreements, consulting agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Provide advice regarding intellectual property rights and other contract issues.
- Collaborate with internal constituents to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Resolve contract disputes.
- Contribute to the constant improvement of the internal contracting process.
- Coordinate with outside counsel as appropriate.
- Assist on other matters within the legal department as needed.
- J.D. degree, exceptional academic credentials and bar membership.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry and/or equivalent law firm experience.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems.
- Practical, clear and organized.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise sound business judgment with critical thinking skills and high ethical standards.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to complete tasks with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up.
If you are interested in a great opportunity with a fantastic company, please click the link to apply: