Software & Technology
Merrimack Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company discovering, developing and preparing to commercialize innovative medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of serious diseases, with an initial focus on cancer. Merrimack currently has six targeted therapeutic oncology candidates in clinical development.
Merrimack Healthcare Solutions (MHS) is the commercial arm of Merrimack Pharmaceuticals. The name of the division reflects our vision to engage with stakeholders in innovative and authentic ways to strengthen their understanding of Merrimack’s science and to demonstrate the clinical and economic value of integrated medicines to society.
We are seeking a talented software implementation expert to join the growing MHS team as we launch the company’s first product, MM-398. The ideal candidate has had similar experience building the technical infrastructure of a biotech commercial organization. S/he is eager to deploy innovative technologies to provide best-in-class services to our customers and help our business run efficiently. S/he will collaborate regularly with the Applications Lead in the organization’s broader IT organization.
- Partner with MHS brand team members to understand business needs and challenges on an ongoing basis.
- Develop user requirements and vendor/software selection criteria for all MHS software and technology solutions
- Lead vendor selection process for all commercial software and technology systems and make fact-based recommendations to MHS leadership team. (Solutions include, but are not limited to, customer master, CRM, aggregate spend, data warehouse, dashboard solution, call center technology, med info portals, websites)
- Manage existing relationship with outside vendor to define best-in-class approach to web-enabled technologies
- Define implementation plan for all MHS software and technology solutions to ensure system readiness at time of launch; execute against the plan
- Manage all selected vendors
- Define process for monitoring and updating solutions based on internal and external insights, market evolution, and changes in brand strategy
- Hire and manage contract employee to assist with implementation of launch-critical systems.
- Serve as a role model for compliant behavior that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- A demonstrated history of success in leading multi-system implementations under business-critical time constraints
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time while effectively demonstrating the ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a team environment
- Strong background in business analysis, project management and IT best practices
- Experience in managing vendor relationships
- Domestic travel required
- Strong commitment to business ethics
- Passion for fighting cancer
If you are interested in a great opportunity with a fantastic company, please click the link to apply: