Merrimack is a biopharmaceutical company discovering, developing and preparing to commercialize innovative medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of cancer. Merrimack currently has six therapeutic oncology candidates in clinical development. The most advanced of these candidates is MM-398, which is currently in a Phase 3 trial in pancreatic cancer patients.
Merrimack is expanding its new division, Merrimack Healthcare Solutions (MHS), whose goal is to implement a novel, more effective approach to the commercialization of pharmaceuticals that is different from the traditional “playbooks” that have been used to date. MHS is responsible for working with customers and partners to ensure the successful launch and rapid adoption of MM-398 and the rest of Merrimack’s future therapeutic and diagnostic products. We are seeking a talented attorney to join Merrimack’s legal department and be dedicated primarily to MHS as we launch our first potential product. The ideal candidate has extensive experience handling legal, compliance and regulatory matters related to product launch activities. This position will report to Merrimack’s General Counsel.
- Provide advice on a day-to-day basis with respect to all rules and regulations governing the commercial launch and sale of pharmaceuticals.
- Review advertising, marketing and promotional materials.
- Develop and deliver training programs for sales force and other employees.
- Design and implement a program to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, including those of the FDA, OIG and CMS, and all applicable anti-kickback, privacy, fraud and abuse, anti-bribery and product liability statutes.
- Provide advice regarding the reporting of payments to healthcare professionals and organizations (e.g., Sunshine Act).
- Review and negotiate commercial agreements, including marketing, distribution and other related agreements.
- Provide advice with respect to government pricing.
- Coordinate with outside counsel as appropriate.
- Assist on other matters within the legal department as needed.
- J.D. degree, exceptional academic credentials and bar membership.
- 7 or more years of relevant experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry and/or equivalent law firm experience.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems.
- Practical, clear and organized.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise sound business judgment with critical thinking skills and high ethical standards.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to complete tasks with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up.
If you are interested in a great opportunity with a fantastic company, please click the link to apply: