Post Doctoral Scientist
Post Doctoral Scientist
Acceleron is a publicly traded, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel protein therapeutics for cancer and rare diseases. The company is a leader in understanding the biology of the TGF-β protein superfamily, a large and diverse group of molecules that are key regulators in the growth and repair of tissues throughout the human body, and in targeting these pathways to develop important new medicines. Acceleron has built a highly productive R&D platform that has generated innovative clinical and preclinical protein therapeutic candidates with novel mechanisms of action. These protein therapeutic candidates have the potential to significantly improve clinical outcomes for patients with cancer and rare diseases.
The company completed its initial public offering in September of 2013. The company employs approximately 80 – 90 employees at its Cambridge, MA facilities and has a market capitalization of approximately $1 billion.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with expertise in hematology research to join our preclinical group as a post-doctoral fellow. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the discovery group focused on identifying novel therapies in TGF-Beta family. The candidate will preferably have experience and knowledge in models of anemia such as thalassemia, sickle cell disease or myelofibrosis. Candidate will use these models to establish pre-clinical proof of concept for internal programs. This will include assessment of efficacy and understanding their mechanism of action. Experience in red cell membrane biology and various hematological malignancies will be a plus. Candidate must have an innovative entrepreneur attitude towards discovery research. He/she should be hands on individual and create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and team work.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Key responsibilities will include development of customized, program specific animal models of hematological disorder.
- Will design new in-vivo and in-vitro experiments to understand the mechanism of action of new therapeutics.
- Develop assays to validate PD and predictive biomarkers.
- Expertise in histopathology and immune histochemistry.
- Quantitative analysis of data and follow up on results.
- Organize report and communicate results from experiments to project team and senior management.
- A flexible team based attitude suitable for an entrepreneur discovery research environment.
- Ph.D. in biology/ pharmacology or cell biology.
- Proficient in techniques in various drug route administration, micro surgery, tissue harvesting, tissue preparation, immunohistochemistry and blood sampling.
- Proficient in non-invasive imaging system (e.g. bioluminescent imaging), cell culture and various biochemical analyses of tissues (eg. Taqman analysis, RT-PCR, western blots etc).
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details and ability to work independently.
- The qualified candidate holds the quality of a self-motivation and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability for creative thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Knowledge of the red cell membrane biology will be a plus.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT: