Immunology Senior Scientist
Senior Scientist – Immunology/Inflammation
RaNA Therapeutics is an energetic, rapidly growing early stage biotechnology company in Cambridge, MA founded by leading scientists from industry and Massachusetts General Hospital. RaNA’s mission is to discover and develop drugs to improve health for patients by modulating disease-associated epigenetic patterns, thereby restoring normal expression of individual targeted genes.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Senior Scientist to join RaNA and lead a small group focused on Immunology/Inflammation. Reporting to the Senior Director - Discovery, this position will be responsible for in vitro and in vivo oligonucleotide screening, managing academic collaborations and publication efforts as well as project planning and execution within RaNA timelines. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to target identification, T cell assay development, target validation and in vivo POC studies while leveraging primary technical expertise in the areas of cellular immunology and inflammation. Candidate will be responsible for developing functional immunological assays and for managing time and resources to ensure successful outcome against specific goals.
- The candidate must have a PhD in Immunology. A solid understanding and demonstrated achievements in applying cell-based assays is required. Experience with oligonucleotides/siRNA for drug screening is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in T cell culture and activation, immunological phenotyping, qRT-PCR, T cell functional studies, FACS, cytokine production assays and molecular biology techniques are essential.
- Experience in developing novel assays with primary immune cells and multi-parametric statistical data analysis is essential.
- The candidate will have at least 6 years of practical experience in a laboratory environment. Ideally, the candidate will have at least 3 years experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical organization.
- A track record of successfully applying these skills to better understand the pathophysiology of immunology/inflammatory disease and the action of drug-like molecules on cells/tissues is essential.
- Ability to multitask and work independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team in a matrix environment with 15-20 scientists. Excellent organizational and time management skills, the ability to generate high quality data analysis results under tight deadlines.
- Supervisory experience is necessary as the group will expand over time.
- Ability to interact well across the organization and with external collaborators.
RaNA offers a generous benefits package that includes: a competitive salary, high-level (PPO) health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings plan with company match option, company-paid insurances including life, disability and vision, an HRA, fitness reimbursement, free parking or commuting assistance, fun events and a business casual environment.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.