Located in Boston, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Belfer Institute is dedicated to the discovery of cancer genes essential for tumor maintenance, and translating basic discoveries into new effective therapies for cancer. The integration of basic research and drug discovery programs at the Belfer Institute has provided Dana-Farber with a unique opportunity to convert critical basic discoveries in the laboratory into novel targeted therapies that may prolong the lives of cancer patients. This highly integrated goal-oriented organization represents a new academic construct that provides an unprecedented opportunity to change the way anti-cancer therapeutics are discovered and developed. For more information please visit: http://belferinstitute.dfci.harvard.edu
We are seeking a bench-level scientist to be part of a project team focused on identifying novel targets and therapies for cancer drug development.
- Perform laboratory experiments and conduct data analysis
- Generate reliable and reproducible data
- Design experiments and execute on protocols; propose modification to protocols as needed
- Maintain accurate records, write reports, and prepare presentations
- Contribute to project team as well as overall laboratory organization and safety
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS/MS in biological sciences or equivalent required
- 1-2 years research experience in academic and/or pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- Experience working in the fields of molecular biology, cell biology, or protein biochemistry
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience with routine protein analyses (Western Blotting, ELISAs, etc…)
- Independent, self-motivated and innovative
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Outstanding interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team environment
- Experience with animal models and in vivo procedures (i.e. anesthesia and surgery) is desirable.
How to Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.dana-farber.org/Careers/Careers-at-Dana-Farber.aspx. Click Search Job Openings and use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen.
DFCI Employees please apply directly through PeopleSoft Self Service. Sign on to PeopleSoft and navigate to Main Menu > DFCI Careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce.