Scientist / Sr Scientist, Medicinal / Delivery Chemistry
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated synthetic chemist ready to function in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Applicants should have exceptional project management and communication skills coupled with a strong attention for detail. Previous experience in multistep synthesis is required.
- Design, plan and execute multi-step organic synthesis and purification of high quality target molecules for biological screening.
- Leading from the bench, oversee the efforts of an associate chemist and ensure timeline adherence and project alignment to meet group and company goals.
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts in manufacturing and biological screening to ensure effective transfer of compounds and SAR data analysis.
- Assist in the planning and management of external research efforts for contract research organizations and collaborations.
- Function as a senior member of the chemistry group aiding in the preparation of intellectual property, publications, and project planning.
- Present work to both internal and external parties as appropriate.
- Ph.D. in organic/bioorganic chemistry with years of industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of organic chemistry reactions, mechanisms, and multistep synthesis.
- Experience with cross-functional drug discovery teams and multi-factorial drug candidate optimization.
- Prior success mentoring and overseeing the work of research associates.
- Must have demonstrated awareness of safety practices required for working with hazardous chemicals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently and productively in a highly dynamic team environment.
- 5+ years of experience in lipid chemistry or oligonucleotide delivery chemistry.
- Knowledge in nucleic acid delivery vectors.
- Prior experience overseeing project deliverables with external research partners.
- Attention to detail.
- Operates independently.
- Effective problem solving skills / results orientation.
- Challenges the status quo.
- Effective communicator (oral and written).
- Readily adapts to change.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics:
Moderna Therapeutics is pioneering messenger RNA therapeutics™, an entirely new in vivo drug modality that produces human proteins or antibodies inside patient cells, which are in turn secreted or active intracellularly. This breakthrough platform addresses currently undruggable targets and offers a superior alternative to existing drug modalities for a wide range of disease conditions.
Moderna has developed a broad intellectual property estate, including more than 250 patent applications covering novel nucleotide chemistries and drug compositions. The company plans to develop and commercialize its innovative mRNA drugs through a combination of strategic relationships as well as new formed ventures.
Founded in late 2010 by Flagship VentureLabs, Cambridge-based Moderna is privately held and currently has strategic agreements with AstraZeneca and Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
Moderna recently signed a collaboration agreement with AstraZeneca that provided a $240MM upfront payment (plus milestone payments).
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Visit http://modernatx.com/revolution to apply.