Location: Cambridge, MA
Gen 9 is powering the synthetic biology revolution. Using our innovative technology, the BioFab® platform, we are transforming the way researchers approach gene synthesis. In fact, Gen9 has produced the first ‘fab’ for synthetic biology – the BioFab® platform, which was chosen by “The Scientist” as the number 1 innovation of 2012.
As researchers’ understanding of gene sequence data increases, their ability to design and improve genes, pathways and organisms using synthetic biology techniques will increase, and Gen9 is there to help. We are using our technology to make DNA that will be used by researchers all over the world to create "greener" chemicals, novel pharmaceuticals and cheaper biofuels.
Join Gen9 and become part of the synthetic biology revolution.
This is an opportunity for a talented Bioinformatics Analyst to be part of the synthetic biology revolution with Gen9. You will contribute to software architecture that helps to scale our next-generation DNA synthesis platform.
• Design and develop pipelines for high throughput DNA synthesis workflow
• Collaborate with R&D scientists in design and analysis of experiments for development of new products
• Analyze and mine data for understanding underlying biological mechanisms of processes
• Evaluate, develop, implement, and perform algorithms for data analysis
• Respond to R&D, commercial, and manufacturing requests for custom requirements on an as needed basis
• Support infrastructure and provide code base maintenance (documentation, testing, and revision control)
• BS/ MS in bioinformatics, computer science, or related degree plus 1-5 years of industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• 3+ years of experience using and developing within UNIX/Linux environments is also required
• Demonstrated proficiency with Python (preferred), or other scripting languages
• 2+ years experience with bioinformatics tools and packages
• Familiarity with revision control systems (e.g. git), continuous integration, and task/issue trackers
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and with minimal supervision in a small collaborative team
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage numerous activities simultaneously
• Strong communication, documentation, and presentation skills
• Scientific interest and motivation
• Familiarity with SQL databases or AWS is beneficial
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume & cover letter to: email@example.com.
Please briefly describe your skills, knowledge, and experience with the Required Qualifications in your cover letter/email.