Do you want to work for a company that invests in its’ employees and will challenge and encourage you to think outside of the box? Do you enjoy being the glue that holds the day together in a fast paced environment?
Foundation Medicine is seeking a highly experienced Administrative Assistant with superior organizational, verbal, and written communication skills to provide high-level administrative support to Senior Executives. The candidate should have a strong sense of business etiquette, including but not limited to appearance, poise and discretion, high attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency and good judgment, and the ability to work well independently with minimal supervision. The Administrative Assistant must be a resourceful, self-starter, capable of handling multiple tasks while also being meticulous and conscientious.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Provide support to (4) Senior Executives
- Extensive calendar management
- Travel planning and management
- Promote efficient time management by understanding the nuances and logistics of arranging meetings, conferences, appointments & travel, including liaising with other senior management & preparation of supporting materials, if necessary.
- Arrange teleconferences, domestically and internationally
- Expense reporting
- Assist with logistical planning of speaking engagements and conferences
- Assist with contract administration as needed included obtaining signatures, scanning and electronic filing
- Responsible for back-up coverage of reception area and overall office appearance
- Special projects as assigned
Education and Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3 - 5 years of administrative assistant experience
- Demonstration of extensive experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with a wide variety of internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment and discretion when managing e-mail and confidential information
- Strong organizational, administrative, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to detail in a business with changing priorities
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and company information
- Ability to execute independent judgment