Research Associate II-Biochemistry/Immunology
Avaxia is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that is a leader in the growing field of gut-targeted therapeutics, which are orally administered, minimally absorbed drugs designed to act locally in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Our lead clinical candidate, AVX-470 is a transformative product which offers potentially improved safety and efficacy over existing anti-TNF therapies by focusing TNF suppression only where needed in the diseased gut. Avaxia sources its antibodies from the colostrum (early milk) of dairy cows that have been immunized with the target of interest. Bovine colostral antibodies naturally resist digestion, which enables them to survive and act in the gut. We can generate antibodies to any target that is accessible from the lumen of the intestines. Avaxia plans to use its gut-targeted antibody platform to develop therapeutics to address many other serious diseases such as celiac disease, metabolic disease and GI acute radiation syndrome.
We are seeking an energetic, highly motivated Research Associate to join our growing team. You will be responsible for generating high quality data to support our lead product and emerging pipeline. This position will require expertise in the following areas: ELISA and cell-based assays; protein characterization including chromatography, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting; molecular biology techniques, and immunohistochemistry with quantitative digital image analysis. Experience conducting or supporting in vivo studies, including dosing and necropsy, would be a plus. As part of our Research team, you will also play a key role in supporting scientific publications, new patent filings, and interactions with contract research organizations.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, a passion for drug discovery and awareness of scientific literature. In addition, the following attributes and capabilities are required:
- Collaborative team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills, including preparation of reports and data summaries for regulatory agencies
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop new analytical techniques
- Flexibility and ability to adapt easily to new directions and emerging data
- High personal and professional standards of ethics and integrity, and high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Willing to do whatever is needed to make a small company successful
- Knowledge and understanding of drug development
- Knowledge of software and applications such as Image J, Gen5
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
▪B.S./M.S. or equivalent in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Pharmacology or a related discipline and 2+ years’ experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical or related research environment
Avaxia Biologics provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Resumes may be submitted to: HR@AvaxiaBiologics.com
Avaxia Biologics is an Equal Opportunity Employer