Senior Research Associate
Akston Biosciences Corporation
June 16, 2014
Akston Biosciences Corporation – Position Opening
Senior Research Associate, Research & Development
Akston Biosciences is developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. The biotechnology firm is currently recruiting to join its Product Development team located in Beverly, MA.
The candidate will work in a hands-on, fast-paced startup environment, working on multiple, simultaneous projects. Key responsibilities will be to:
• Perform in vivo PK/PD pharmacology experiments in rodent models
• Work with product development staff to optimize in vivo therapeutic performance
• Manage animal colony and maintain well-organized study records
• Determine key PK/PD parameters from experiments and report findings to company management.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
• Bachelor or master’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, oncology, cell biology, or animal pharmacology, or related field.
• A minimum of three years of industry experience
• The following laboratory experience is required:
-Previous hands-on experience with Sprague-Dawley rats for > 3 years
-Expertise in SC, IV, IP, tail vein injections
-Expertise with tail vein blood draws
-Familiarity with catheterized animal models in PK/PD experiments
-Ability to manipulate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment
Candidates who have experience using automated blood collection systems (DiLab Accusampler, Culex NxT, NxT ABC, or Instech ABS1/2) are highly encouraged to apply.
• Pay commensurate with skills and experience
• Must live within commuting distance of Beverly, MA.
Reverse commute – average commute from Boston is 35 min.
• Candidates should send one page CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org