Global Senior Network and Information Security Engineer
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
June 16, 2014
This position will be responsible for developing and managing Cubist’s global corporate network and information security technical strategy, architecture, and development plans as well as leading the operational development and integration of key products and technologies within the company’s IT enterprise network and data security infrastructure. This includes local and wide area networks, voice, voice messaging, wireless, standards based enterprise network management tools, conferencing, firewalls, VPN, load balancers, intrusion prevention and detection, Data Loss Prevention, and all other current and emerging related technologies. In addition, this position will also be responsible for senior level operations escalations and on call engineering support for Cubist’s production networks and security services in the above technologies. The position will also be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of the company’s network and security product and service roadmaps, as well as leading new technology assessments and selection, and the development of junior technical support staff. The position will also be responsible for leadership in the active management of key service delivery partners, channel suppliers, and vendors, including the evaluation and selection of those partners.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 year degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications Sciences, Information Security or related discipline
- 10+ years direct experience as an engineer, preferably in life sciences and with direct responsibility for vendor / service management of SaaS, hosted, and or outsourced service providers
- Direct leadership experience in managing complex technical projects and working with industry standard project management tools, global and/or international experience preferred
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Leadership quality expertise in all major network / security enterprise management tools
- Industry standard certifications strongly desired in networking and data security (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CISSP, SANS, or equivalents)
- Experience with the development and negotiation of enterprise level service contracts in the networking and / or security space preferred
- Demonstrates track record of self awareness, effective time management, takes ownership for balancing a challenging, but manageable set of priorities
- Demonstrates track record of effective communications across an organization in the delivery of products, services, and support
- Commits to timely, effective delivery of products, services that meet or exceed expectations, at or under cost, and on or ahead of time
- Effective Communications – Audience appropriate, focused, and effective communications across the organization and with external service partners
- Takes ownership of continuous personal self development
- Rapidly growing, technically demanding real time operational IT work environment
- Rapidly changing service delivery model (managing partners to success – SaaS, PaaS, Iaas, hosting, telecom providers, IBM)
- Rapidly expanding service delivery territory, including national and international locations and vendors
- Small team (5) dynamic, highly shared works streams, shared responsibilities
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds, IT equipment
- Must be able to work in a data center environment, including receiving, unpacking, bench testing, racking and installing IT hardware (switches, controllers, servers, IT appliances, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily within the context of the representative work environment and physical demands described above. Likewise, qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.