Senior Research Associate(s), Biology - Temps
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking talented and highly motivated temporary Research Associates with significant expertise in small molecule drug discovery and oncology to join our expanding research team in Watertown, MA. The successful candidate(s) will have technical knowledge and demonstrated success in the various aspects of early drug discovery such as, cell-based and biochemical assay development, and drug/target mechanism of action. They should also be able to work well in multidisciplinary project teams. This position involves generating an organizing experimental data under the supervision of a scientist and present data at team meetings. Other important qualifications include broad technical knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems. The successful candidate must be able to adapt to the changing needs of an early-stage company.
- Significant knowledge of cancer biology & small molecule drug discovery
- BS or MS in Biology or other relevant life science discipline with at least 6+ of relevant experience
- Recognized as a technical expert in multiple disciplines such as, molecular and cellular biology, mammalian cell culture & small molecule evaluation in cell-based and biochemical assays
- Ability to perform tasks of moderate difficulty with minimal supervision
- Maintenance of an updated detailed electronic notebook is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
FORMA Therapeutics' scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology and other genetically driven therapeutic areas. The Company's drug discovery engine drives screening and structure-based approaches across broad families of targets involved in tumor metabolism, epigenetics, protein homeostasis and protein-protein interactions. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and corporate partners, FORMA combines deep biological insight and chemistry expertise to rapidly create high quality, innovative drug candidates.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. www.formatherapeutics.com
Please send resumes to email@example.com reference job code JE14-07 in the subject line.