FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking to fill a Director level position in its Watertown, MA, office. This senior position requires previous managerial experience of Ph.D level staff in addition to the requirements for Principal Scientist. Coordination of the efforts of reports with other Biology Directors and the Head of Biology is a major activity. Significant input into Forma research directions and in the achievement of Forma goals is expected.
- Successfully lead multiple drug discovery program from the early drug discovery phase to the beginning of clinical development
- Corporate know-how and job acumen:
- Contributes to the strategy of Forma Therapeutics research programs
- As part of the team of Directors, generate and execute plans for successful delivery of high quality molecules for clinical development
- Provide scientific perspectives for addressing the challenges within research projects
- Greater than 12 years of successful/relevant drug discovery experience
- Ability to manage scientists in drug discovery projects:
- Considerable experience in management of scientists and associates
- Demonstrated leadership and an ability to mentor and coach scientist to promote career development
- Internally and externally recognized as a leader in the drug discovery field
- Capable of leading a drug discovery program:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a research program (multiple research projects)
- Experience in different facets of drug discovery such as, lead selection, lead optimization, pharmacologic evaluation of compounds
- Experience in leading external research collaborations
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external colleagues and research leadership team
FORMA Therapeutics' scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology and other genetically driven therapeutic areas. The Company's drug discovery engine drives screening and structure-based approaches across broad families of targets involved in tumor metabolism, epigenetics, protein homeostasis and protein-protein interactions. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and corporate partners, FORMA combines deep biological insight and chemistry expertise to rapidly create high quality, innovative drug candidates.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. www.formatherapeutics.com
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference job code JE14-02 in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.