Associate Scientist – Process Analytics
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has announced plans for an expansion of its large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts. The expansion will create a mammalian cell biologics center of excellence through the introduction of biologics development and clinical trial manufacturing capabilities to the site. Both represent new capabilities for Devens, a site that in its early years has focused solely on large-scale, bulk biologics manufacturing.
The Associate Scientist will be responsible to support a variety of analytical activities within Biologics Process Development (PD) & Manufacturing Science & Technology (MS&T). The role will involve supporting in-process analytical testing, delivering results within customer & project timelines, operation & automation of analytical methodologies on Tecan, assay harmonization activities within the network groups, and evaluation of new analytical technologies. The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge & working experience in immunoassays, LC, CE and Electrophoretic techniques. A good understanding of upstream & downstream process development activities is highly desirable. The role will provide Analytical support within PD and MS&T. The candidate will work closely with PDA team members, Process Development and MS&T to deliver quality analytical data in a timely manner.
- Develop, transfer & evaluate bio-analytical tech for monoclonal antibodies & recombinant proteins to support PD.
- Perform immunoassays (HCP, residual Protein A & other impurities) & LC (SEC & Titer) to support Biologics PD.
- Work closely w/PD, ADT, & MS&T to support analytical needs & engage in long-term collaboration. •Author & review tech docs & protocols; follow written scientific methods & experimental protocols, doc results, author & review summary reports.
- Operate & automate routine assays on Tecan or similar automation platforms.
- Run tests & trend assay performances across network sites
- Review PD design of experiments & MS&T study protocols.
- Support manufacturing site investigation activities.
This newly formed role will initially be located in Hopkinton, MA, which will transition to the New Biologics development site in Devens, MA towards the end of 2015.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of three years experience preferably in fully or partially automated lab environment; OR Master’s Degree in Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of three years experience preferably in fully or partially automated lab environment;
- Working knowledge & hands-on experience with immunoassay development & routine execution, e.g. HCP, rProtein A, & Insulin ELISAs;
- Immunoassay reagent development, qualifying & management.
- Basic understanding of upstream & downstream development activities;
- Working knowledge of design of experiments & factorial design;
- Familiarity w/upstream & downstream biologics processing.
- Development experience for early & late stage molecules;
- Excel communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently & collaboratively w/groups.
- Deliver results in line w/project & team objectives
To apply click here: